Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Manna Meal, Inc. The support of the community is vital to the daily operations of Manna Meal, Inc. We rely on volunteers from the community to succeed in our mission “so the hungry can eat.”
Every day, volunteers like you help us transform hundreds of pounds of donated food into healthy meals. We welcome volunteers of all ages and abilities, however volunteers under the age of 15 will need to be accompanied by an adult. If you are uncertain about something, we can teach you. We thrive simply because of your willingness to help!
We are always looking for individuals and groups to help us. The volunteer opportunities consist of administrative tasks, picking up food at grocery stores, hospitals, restaurants, food preparation and serving our clientele. We need all different kinds of skills. Whether you are interested in a weekly or monthly commitment, we can find a spot that works for you. Tasks you may be interested in:
- 8am – 9am each morning we serve breakfast.
- 9am – 11am each morning we are in the process of preparing for lunch. Volunteers assist with all different kitchen duties. You may be assigned to prepare a salad, cut up fruit, cut desserts, or any other food preparation tasks.
- 11:30am to 2:00pm volunteers assist with serving lunch and after lunch clean-up.
- Picking up products from stores and restaurants and then delivering to Manna Meal. These times vary depending on the stores.
- Garden: To volunteer in our Manna Meal Community Garden you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number and email address. An email is sent out weekly telling gardeners the days and hours we will be working each week. We usually work Tuesday mornings from 8am to 10:30am and Saturday mornings from 8am to 10:30am. Times vary depending on the time of year.
- Administrative tasks may be data entry or assisting with communication to donors.
Register to become a Volunteer
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us to schedule your time with us by e-mail at email@example.com or speak with one of our volunteer coordinators by telephone at 304-345-7121.