In 2009, volunteer Myra Dolan suggested the idea of a community garden where we could raise food for our soup kitchen and to give away in our food pantry.
She said “Food pantries seem to only have canned processed food, wouldn’t it be nice to give people quality produce.”
Now eight years later we are still growing food with lots of help from our community.
- To volunteer, just show up in closed toe shoes.
- The work days are every Tuesday and Saturday from 8 am until 10:30 am. Cooler months we start at 9:00 am.
The Manna Meal Community Garden is in memory of Tari Crouse, Judy Lewis, and Eva Brabbin dedicated gardeners.
- We always work as a group, never by ourselves. We are on private property and we respect the owner’s privacy.
- It is not necessary to let anyone know whether you are able to work or not. So no need to email or call anyone, just show up at the garden.
- No flip flops, please wear closed toe shoes.
- Bring your own water and snacks.
- If you can, supply your own work gloves. We have extras if that is a problem.
- We supply tools unless you have your favorite.
- If you need a gardening pad for your knees, please bring your own.